Friday, August 14, 2009

We are the generation

I was talking to a friend about tattoo's. Personally, I see nothing wrong with tattoo's. But the people within my church, and many other churches have a major problem with them. They think that "non-Christians" will view tattoo's as a stumbling block. Yes, to an extent, that is true. But, then again, tattoo's can be used as an incredible witnessing tool.

This is how the conversation started.
It led to this topic:
Our generation.

Our generation is filled with leaders. It really is. We can change things.

I think we can change the church.

The church has been viewed as something that it certainly shouldn't be. The church has judged, and pointed fingers too many times. It's ridiculous. Jesus never told us to do that. Jesus wants us to be in the world, showing compassion to non-believers and believers. We are put here to show the world the love that Jesus offers.

So why can't we just show it?
I'm not sure.

We need to show the world the love that Jesus showed. We have to.

I believe that God is leading us to the brink of a revival. I've seen some things this summer that only strengthen this belief. All we have to do, is take this love, and show it.

Right?




1 comment:

  1. Jake, right on Bro! You hit the nail on the head here and I agree your generation is filled with great, Godly leaders. It's so NOT what the mainline churches have made it to be about and I'm excited to see what God's gonna do next!

    BTW, my better half's got a cool tattoo....shhhhhh

    ReplyDelete