Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bon Iver r00lZ, d00d!

Is anyone a fan of Bon Iver? Well I am.

I was sad to find out that Justin Vernon & Co. were taking a break from Bon Iver. Why? I haz no ideeeuh. But I am bummed, man. For Emma, Forever Ago is one of my favorite albums from the last couple years.

So, on Twitter, I follow AP Magazine. They update several times a day. Sometimes I just blow it off. But, yesterday, I decided to read their post.

Justin Vernon and some of his friends have created an "experimental folk" project called Volcano Choir. I was ecstatic, yo. I immediately went to the Myspace to hear the material. It is phenomenal. It's really nothing like Bon Iver. You can tell Justin V has his touch in the project, but the music is not similar to Bon Iver.

It's really fantastic. Go look it up.

Also:
I and Love and You - The Avett Brothers
We All Have Demons - The Color Morale
The Illusion of Safety - Thrice

Enjoy.
Jake Fauber.

Oh! If you watch The Office, tonight is the first episode after the marriage of JAM. I'm giddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment